Author Topic: want PAIR block off plates, will pay with cash or shims  (Read 241 times)

Offline Darkstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Formula Extreme Racer
want PAIR block off plates, will pay with cash or shims
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
in NJ
2007F with 22k NY/NJ miles. Stock exhaust/airbox. Rejet to 20/60/132/one o-ring/1.25 turns out, +2 mojo

Offline Kenner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AMA Supersport Racer
Re: want PAIR block off plates, will pay with cash or shims
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 07:53:32 PM »
I just bought this 4 pack off ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GSXR1300-HAYABUSA-EXHAUST-PAIR-VALVE-BLOCK-OFF-FREE-SHIPPING-/302578279700?vxp=mtr

I only needed 2 so I'll sell you the other 2 for $10 shipped to your place. I will also include a little sheet of felpro gasket maker since the hole in the head is oval and these have a round o-ring. If you're careful you can reuse the original gaskets from the pair system, but one of mine broke so I had to make a new gasket. They look pretty nice against the grey engine, I'd post a pick if I were home. PM me if your interested.

Ken

Offline oilheadron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Local Club Racer
Re: want PAIR block off plates, will pay with cash or shims
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:35:17 PM »
We liked to use the PAIR system to evacuate the crankcase on the 1st Gen Busas and the liter bikes (to slightly reduce engine pumping losses). You could gain 1-2 hp on those bikes but I don't know if there would be any significant gain on the GS500s. Probably better to just lose the weight of the PAIR on these smaller bikes IMO.