Author Topic: New member, NSW, Australia  (Read 59 times)

Offline G54B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
New member, NSW, Australia
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
Hi guys, forum newbie from country NSW, Australia here
Scored a Ď90 GS500 for the hefty sum of however much fuel my ute used on the 150km round trip to my bossí place to pick it up... it hadnít run in a while and he was sick of tripping over it every time he went in the shed, so here we are.
Joined up because I know next to nothing about the thing other than itís physically bigger than the GSX250F I followed Dad around SE Australia on last year and it runs remarkably well now that Iíve rebuilt the carbs, especially considering it hadnít run in a decade and apparently has nearly 120k km on it.

Cheers :thumb:

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
Re: New member, NSW, Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:59:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I like the looks of the GSX250F. Hope ya become a regular around here and post up some pics :cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight w/LED H7, GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjust caps, .75 Sonic Springs

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
Re: New member, NSW, Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
Hey mate, welcome from sunny Brissie  :thumb:

The GS' are good solid bikes, sounds like yours will need a good go over but IMHO they're well worth it for a reliable fun little bike as the end result.

I'm on an 82 450 (the 500's predecessor) and even though I ride with guys primarily on 1100+ Katana's and GSX's I still have plenty of fun, especially in the twisty bits.
'82 GS450E