Author Topic: Photo Tradition?  (Read 379 times)

Offline Watcher

• What is this? I always know...
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach and Moto Enthusiast!
Photo Tradition?
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
So ever since moving out here to Arizona I've made it sort of a ritual to go to a specific place on the nearby mountain and get a pic of my bike.  The angle isn't consistent to the background, that would be incredibly difficult to pull off, but I've tried to keep the angle of the bike in the frame pretty consistent.

Here's my 2007 Buell XB12SS Lightning

Here's my 2000 Ducati Monster 750

And now here is my 2019 Ducati Monster 821 Stealth

Does anyone else do something similar?
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
Re: Photo Tradition?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 01:40:09 AM »
I sooooo wish I could see your pics :cry: Ever since the wiki and forum has been acting up, I can only access them here at work... not at home. And here at work, not all pictures work/show up :technical:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 03:55:28 AM »
I sooooo wish I could see your pics :cry: Ever since the wiki and forum has been acting up, I can only access them here at work... not at home. And here at work, not all pictures work/show up :technical:

I gotta say, that sauce is pretty lame.  :bs:

I can't access at all on mobile, but on WiFi at home I get full functionality.
Hopefully they figure that out sometime soon.

-Neil Peart

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
I've done it again...

-Neil Peart

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 01:15:22 AM »
Now that I can see the pics, I want one like the first one of your Buell... more of a close up on the bike. But I sure can say, all your bikes have been awesome to see!! My favorite is still the Desert Duck... but I do understand how special and unique your current bike is :cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 03:09:18 AM »
I have been favoring the low angle, perhaps next time I'm up there I'll try to recreate the Buell one more accurately.

Thanks for the kind words  :cheers:

There will always be fond memories of all my bikes but my AZ bikes have each been special.

I'd absolutely get another Buell.  I'd absolutely get another early Monster (maybe an original M900).  Actually, I'm quite fond of Ducatis, I'd love to get a Desert Sled next, maybe even a Super Sport.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:11:04 AM by Watcher »

-Neil Peart

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 06:34:27 AM »
Omg this is the first time I've been able to access the forum at home for weeks!

AND I can see the pics too!!!!

It's awesome to be "back" lol... finally!

My favorite memory of you and your Buell is when you were humble enough to share that vid of you "settling in" to a parking spot... and that rubbernecking lady :laugh: !!!!