News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

No start help '93 GS500e

Started by 748desmo, September 06, 2019, 12:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

748desmo

My wife's GS500e all of a sudden won't start.  She litterally drove it in the garage from a ride on day and 2 days later we get the following symptoms:

No starter (no clicking,) no headlight, no blinkers, no high beam, no licence plate light, no gauge lights.
The oil light and the neutral light are both illuminated, but that's it.
Kickstand up or down doesn't change anything.
Putting in and out of gear doesn't change anything (other than the N light.)

I've checked the Batt, it's good and even ran it on a charger/booster.  zero change.
I've checked the main fuse on the R. Frame.  It's good and had continuity with an ohm meter.
I've opened the headlight and checked all the connectors from the handlebar controls.  All appear to be good.

Any further check I can run?

mr72

Meukowi

short out the starter with a screwdriver for example, to check if its broke then one chance is with the wires behind headlamp, mine was ripped between the steering stops. My kill switches wires were almost broke, so had similar symptoms

The Buddha

Mine did this a few weeks ago, turned out the plug from start button was crudded up inside the headlight.
For good measure clean other connectors as well in that headlight bucket. It takes in water and weather both when parked and riding.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk