Author Topic: Snowy Ride  (Read 39630 times)

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
Re: Snowy Ride
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 11:27:11 PM »
Thanks s4gs I hadn't seen yours and it looks good hopefully mine will be finished this week.
I was hopeing someone had done it already because I had a little trouble picturing it in my mind but now I have seen one I'm happy I use to have a givi screen on it but it was to big and made me look to old (well I am old but thats beside the point) and everyone kept asking me when I was going to get rid of the wall I had mounted to my handle bars.
 The screen I'm getting isn't a genuine Ducati screen but a replica from a mob at seven hills although I would not recommend them as they were pricey and the moulding was not the best but once its painted it will be fine. :thumb: :cheers:
Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 11:29:16 PM »
Forgot to ask how do you find it does it help or more there just for looks?

Offline s4gs

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 10:17:44 AM »
From memory, I've had it on since April, it helps keep the wind of a little but i did it cause i like the look.
The Duc. & Buell Blast are the only one's i've seen that i like on the naked. Visit pantablo's wed site as he's the first one, as far as i'm aware, that put a Duc. screen on. Hit the link and you will see the Buell screen plus there will be another link to pantablo's site.

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=30024.0

How are you mounting the screen? I used 2 small pergola brackets that i cut back to suit. However, the Duc. mounting brackets need to be cut right back before the screen is painted. If you haven't worked out how yet, i'll take some pics of mine & send them to you.
04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 07:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the link s4gs. I was given a mounting kit from the guys I bought it from it was a universal type that was utter garbage with usless instructions. Once I read the instructions and compaired it with the kit it made no sense at all so instead of attacking it and stuffing it up I told the spraypainter if he has a better method go with it because if he stuffs it up he can fix it, if I stuff then I have to start again and by the price of it all I wouldn't bother again I would probably spend the extra $$$ and bring in the full fairing from south america.
cost of faring $220 complete
paint $90
Fit approx $90
so at $400 it got pretty expensive alot more then I thought at first (but I'm a dumbass for misreading there catalouge prices when I ordered  :cookoo:) so no one to blame but myself but hopefully it will look so good that I'll forget what I paid for it.

Offline s4gs

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 10:22:26 PM »
If your spraypainter cant fit it, send me a PM. One way or another, we'll get that sucker on. :thumb:

Now back to the Snowy Ride..
04 GS500 Naked   SOLD.
07 SV1000S

Offline matt86to

• Formula Extreme Racer
    • South Coast Road And Dirt Aus
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 01:00:59 AM »
yes so who is def going and when , I know some are heading down on fri. also is anyone staying in jindy and† may join us for diner fri night :)

all the best matt:) your friend
Matt
GS 500 09

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 02:33:33 PM »
I'll be there but at thredbo, leaving sometime friday, Ive still got your mobile number I'll give you a call and can hopefully meet up on saturday :thumb: :cheers:

Offline brembo

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • bÝrk! bÝrk! bÝrk!
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »
Enjoy the Snowy's guys, hopefully the weather's good for the ride and the days either side.

Looks like I'll be down there sooner than I expected, On/around the 16th Nov  :icon_mrgreen: Might see if I can take some time either side of then and explore the area. Hopefully the ol' bike will make it that far and back with the engine in the condition it's in currently. Will have to take a few litres of the slippery stuff for the trip there and back. One of the guys reckons it might be the valve stem seals, another one reckons it could be the rings  :mad:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:39:11 PM by brembo »
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

Offline matt86to

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 03:03:23 AM »
I'll be there but at thredbo, leaving sometime friday, Ive still got your mobile number I'll give you a call and can hopefully meet up on saturday :thumb: :cheers:

cool fri and sat are looking good ( weather) so mate if you guys stop at Cooma on fri   please give me a call and I will meet you up at the servo , which I probly be near  taken photo's of the bikes comming by.  also is steve comming with you guys?

all the best matt:) your friend
Matt
GS 500 09

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »
Hi Matt yaeh steve will be there so all good we usually stop at cooma so I'll give you a call we usually stop near the park for a bite to eat. So see you there.
 Also Brembo I remember when we went for a ride your GS was blowing blue smoke so I would say rings but if your rings are worn chances are the valve stems are to, time will wear them all, it sounds to me your ready for a full top end rebuild nows your chance for the 555 kit, lumpy cam and big valves and a musical horn :laugh: otherwise another bike. How much oil is it burning at the moment also have someone do a wet and dry compression test it should tell you all you need to know. :thumb: :cheers:

Offline brembo

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • bÝrk! bÝrk! bÝrk!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 01:08:41 AM »
Brembo I remember when we went for a ride your GS was blowing blue smoke so I would say rings but if your rings are worn chances are the valve stems are to, time will wear them all, it sounds to me your ready for a full top end rebuild nows your chance for the 555 kit, lumpy cam and big valves and a musical horn :laugh: otherwise another bike. How much oil is it burning at the moment also have someone do a wet and dry compression test it should tell you all you need to know. :thumb: :cheers:

I'd have a new bike if I could afford one, unfortunately unemployment doesn't accomodate new purchases too often. The amount the bike is using is rather excessive, went upto the hunter valley the other week and back (500km) and the oil level went from F to L.

Looks like I might also have some last minute accomodation in Jindabyne for the snowy ride as well, what time/day are you guys going down? It might be a good idea for me to tag along with a group incase my bike decides to die in the arse. I'll have to pack some oil for the trip  :oops: Times like these it'd be great to have a 2nd bike or a mate to bludge one off.
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

Offline matt86to

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »
I'm leaving today which a litttle short notic I think everyone else is leaving on fri mor give Lukewarm  a PM or ring if you have has mob :) anway safe riding on fri & hope to see ya down there

all the best matt :) your friend
Matt
GS 500 09

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »
Just PM'd Brembo with my details so hope that helps.

Yeah sorry Brembo forgot the unemployed bit, but that is pretty excessive consumption but you will be welcome to join us if you want you may want to put some type of additive in the oil like one of the wynns additives to slow down the consumption :thumb: :cheers:

Offline brembo

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • bÝrk! bÝrk! bÝrk!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 03:34:42 AM »
I've picked up a few Litres of oil for the trip, booked and paid for the accomodation, just need to pack stuff for the week away, and I'm set.

I'll shoot off an SMS tomorrow morning LW to sort out the details.

Offline brembo

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • bÝrk! bÝrk! bÝrk!
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 09:56:09 PM »
And we're back in Sydney, 1 stop off in Goulburn on the way back from Jindy, so I'm sore all over  :cookoo:

Ended up finding a few guys I know at the pub in Jindy and rode with them on Saturday. 324km round the mountains.

Greeted by beautiful weather on Saturday morning. Started in Jindy where the other guys finally registered  :icon_confused: we all got the stamps and off we went, passed Berridale, stop off at Adaminaby to get a stamp, blast into the park passing Kiandra, Cabramurra, stopping at Talbingo pondage for a breather. A menacing caravan tower appeared on the mountain while we caught our breath, and I've never seen 20 bikers gear up and get moving in such record time  :icon_lol: Down to Khancoban, stop off for fuel and another stamp on the cards. Talk of 2 HWP cars to the south, and someone getting done for 180kph in the 80 zone  :nono: Started off again down the Alpine way on the way to Thredbo stopping off at Scammel's Spur lookout breifly for a photo. Just north of Thredbo, right hander, sharpening corner, I guess I thought it'd be a nice time to take a shortcut offroad. Slight sphincter pucker moment, kept myself upright and off we go again. Brief stopover in Thredbo, get a stamp, drop in my and a mates card, then back to Jindy to have a shower and pass out for the night.

Was inside for most of Wednesday, 'bout 1:30pm when I noticed those little white flakes falling from yonder sky... SNOW! :bowdown: I had to be in Cabramurra for 10am Thursday, so left Jindy at 7am to be sure I left enough time. Minus tempteratures and a brisk wind made the cold hit home well and truely. 3 shirts, a jumper, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of gloves, but only 1 pair of socks and by the time I hit Berridale couldn't feel my feet, or my fingertips. -1 when I got to Cabramurra at 9:30am  :oops:
Tiny bit warmer on the uneventful trip back to Jindy Thursday arvo.

Woke up early, packed my kit together, cleaned the apartment and headed out of Jinday at 9:30am, got home at 2:30pm. All up I think I clocked over 1700km for the week, quite enjoyable apart from riding in such cold temp's.

I took and absolute arseload of photos, I'll sort through them later, stitch together a few panorama's and post up a gallery.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:05:29 AM by brembo »

Offline bubba zanetti

• The Aussie Moderator
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Master Brewer & sharp shooter
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »
Sounds like a great time & well done on keeping it rubber side down. Be sure to post some pics.  :thumb:
The more I learn about women, the more I love my bike.

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

Offline brembo

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • bÝrk! bÝrk! bÝrk!
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 02:48:01 AM »

Mmmmm chilly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 02:53:44 AM by brembo »

Offline matt86to

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 01:11:11 AM »
Wow that very cold  :o  I glad you had fun down on the snowy ride mate. good write  to :):):):) bring on next year  :icon_mrgreen:

Here my report

Day 1 Tues
I look at the weather forecast for the day yes at 6.00am mmm maybe some rain. well I also had a look at weds weather to which was going to be great down at the snows ( I thought what a great day to do the big loop around the snowys) .

So 8.00am come I finish packing the bike and saying my good byes, also I thought it would be a great
Time to put the wets on by the way the weather was looking , this also mean that I need to change my ride down I was planning to South via Princes Hwy to The Clyde from here to Bungendore then onto East Jindy , but because the weather was not looking good I went up the KV to Bundanoon, Wingetto & Tallong ( which keep me off the highway until Goulburn where I fill up . From Goulburn I went to Tarago, Bungendore then onto Queanbeyan stop here for something to eat from here I made one more fuel stop at Cooma then it was onto east jindy .
I had fine weather until I got about 15kms out of Queanbeyan when I got hammed big time. Anyway I was off to bed thinking that the weather was going to rain all day wed  not happy you know because this was going to be the day I do the Great Ride.

Day 2 Wed

I woke up thing that today was going be not a good for a ride Well wasnít I wrong I had a very long look out side and all I could see was Blue Blue & lots more Blue , So I thought mate this is what I was dream for so I warm but little baby up and head off to Cooma were she was fill up and then it was time to hit the road my first stop was Adaminaby what a nice place to stop for something to eat. Up the snowy MTNS highway left at Kiandra this part of the road was not to bad lots of 35km45 km some were not the best to see around but still good. Now this is were I went sight seeing J I come up to part were the road goes left and right well me thinking that If I go right I should end up in Khancoban? Well half way down I thought to myself this does not feel right and guess what with in the 5 kms I had a sign that said Tumut so many kms Now I knew I had taken the wrong way but hey man it was a great bit of road (Elliot way) Anyway I finely got back on the right road to Cabramurra , How good is the Dam that you must go over ( yep I thought this is were the guys took your good photoís from .

I pretty much rode to Khancoban for fuel and a rest to which I need after that Great ride JJJJJ I stop for an hour already to go I head to Thredbo I did make a few stop before I come into Thredbo ( pics to come ). Now I really pref the run from Khancoban to Thredbo I loved it JJJJJJJ. From Thredbo I end jut out side jindy at Sawpit creek a nice little area. I finely made it back to east jindy 6.30pm.

Day 3 Thursday
You know the night before when you have a GREAT Sunset that the next day is going to great & I could not let this day go with out going for a ride. Will I needed to go to Cooma to doing some banking first from I went back to Adaminaby and then I went a diff way back to jindy by Rocky Plains.
Some very nice bit of road to ride.

Day 4 Friday
Well Friday is my rest day thatís right but I end up at to servo at east jindy taking photoís (which are to be post soon).

Day 5 Saturday
The Ride Day, The boys were heading back to do the Thredbo to Khancoban and back. I thought I would do another run because I had already been there, so I meet Steve in jindy from here we went to Berridale, Adaminaby, Cooma and (Dalgety) Well we miss the right hand turn & end going to Nimmitabel were we thought then we had taken the wrong turn but hey we found nice road in a way. From here back track to Cooma & head for Thredbo because time was a thing we need to be back by 4.00pm. back at Thredbo I meet with a old friend from the GS 500 Club that Iím a member with. Itís so great to see old friends thatís you donít see so much now. I left Thredbo about 5.30 with most of the other bikes man there was lots of bikes.

Day 6 Sunday
Time to go home dam it donít you hate it. After a clean up we all head off for home most of us went the highway I think ? after we stop at Cooma for Fuel we plan to stop at Queanbeyan for something to eat . I ended up keep going because I really just want to get home and with the weather looking the way it. I only wenít pas one cop on the way home and that was on the main highway ( he was doing speed check with the gun . When I went pass he took the gun away from the road ) what a nice policeman my last fill up at Goulburn from it to moss vale , KV & last of all Home . In all I did 1770 kms man what a good ride it was bring on next year one.

Photo's to come very soon guys:)
Matt
GS 500 09

Offline Lukewarm Wilson

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »
What a great ride beautiful weather except for the ride home from Tathra to Kiama rain, rain and more rain with a bit of wind, after the snowy ride we rode down to orbust in Victoria on the east coast then to a town called Mylo or mylong something like that where the snowy river meets the ocean got rained in there for an extra day which to be honest I was happy to get off the bike for a day but otherwise all good.
 Brembo how did the oil burning go? because I have to say the few times I was behind you I didn't see any blue smoke like last time we rode.
Big apoligies to Matt for stuffing you about after the ride with waiting for steve and his his 200cans of VB to be finished as you could see by steve he is a born drinker and if there is VB about he is the emovable object.
 oops got to go its time to go home

Offline matt86to

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 02:05:37 AM »
That's ok mate you know that the best is if a man is having a VB just wait ( more VB = a Happy Man :):):):) )yes it was a Great weekend or week for some† :icon_mrgreen: anyway Here are the photo's from tues

This photo shows the weather I was just about head into:( boy I had it alway† to jindy

and here is a pic of my bike :( I still have not polish my pipe yet.

Wed ride Day:):):):):):):):):):):):)
I need to do a test photo so I thought this would do

when you wake up to† day that looks like this you know that it's a Great day to ride

I will try to post about 5 to 6 pics in one post
Matt
GS 500 09

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk