News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

WTB Gas Tank

Started by Akuma, April 08, 2021, 01:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akuma

Looking for a gas tank 89 GS500E, color not important. No rust, minor imperfections are fine, no huge dents please.

NorCalGS

What is your location?

Akuma

NorCalGS

I have a spare but I'm all the way on the opposite coast - California. Probably not worth the cost and shipping.

NorCalGS

Akuma - I'm still new to this forum. I tried to send you a direct message but not sure you got it?

Akuma

Hey guys I'm still looking for a fuel tank, unfortunately another member here decided to scam me out of my first attempt to buy one from them, so I'm out the money with nothing to show for it.

Not the SoCal guy. It was another user who has been reported to the admins. Just so we are all clear on that.

The Buddha

Hey I got your PM, I have asked Goodguy or john to look into it, I cant ban users AFAIK.
Now there is one in charlotte I was sorta trying to get the bike running so he'd have a better chance at parting out and helping more people. But he does have a tank with a few dings but clean inside.
You should be able to trust him, he's been here for almost 10 yrs and bought a bike I used to own and is only a few miles from me.

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=73725.0

That's his partout thread. I dunno if he's got any further into getting it running or not, but in any case you contact him.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Akuma

Lol I did reach out to him, he said you wanted it cuz it was white. But if your willing to pass it up I'd buy it.

The Buddha

I'm all for helping as many GS500's live - I have tanks a plenty, just no white 89's but tell him to het his bike running, get a video clip and sell you a tank, I'm attached to 89 white but hey I can be broken hearted if another GS lives its all better.

Cool.
Buddha.

The Buddha

He emailed me - I told him to sell to you, no worries.
BTW I have a few extra tanks - just not accessible now (in storage in charlotte) and am not sure how good/bad any of them are because its been years since I seen them and some of them were in need of a coat job and I threw oil in them and put em in boxes and - out of sight out of mind right.

Cool.
Buddha.

Akuma

No worries, I am in the process of rebuilding mine now, and the last part i need is a tank, my tank was rusted inside fairly bad, i did my best to figure out ways to try and clean it out but just couldn't do anything with it. I assumed it be easier to just find another one, boy was i wrong lol.

The Buddha

Well I have been able to fix them in the past. I have bought a tig welder, but not very good at it yet.
I'll take that tank off your hands when you got saul's tank if you wanted to sell it. I do need to figure out how to weld these at some point in life.
Cool.
Buddha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk