News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Some good deals on Ebay!

Started by adidasguy, October 27, 2011, 12:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

powersportsnation has some really good deals. This parts whore knows a deal when I see one. Been stocking up on parts.
They're doing a progressive sale where if it doesn't sell, they increase the discount until it hits 75% off. Right now I see a wiring harness down to $2.50. Center stand down to $3.75! They did have an '06 shock for $5 and a stator for $20. I'm watching the '06 clutch basket drop in price - now down to $48 (if you need it, go for it. If it hits 75% off - I'll grab it just because.. its  on sale!)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/powersportsnation/m.html?_nkw=gs500&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5504&rt=nc&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

seamax

Quote from: adidasguy on October 27, 2011, 12:40:47 PM
powersportsnation has some really good deals. This parts whore knows a deal when I see one. Been stocking up on parts.
They're doing a progressive sale where if it doesn't sell, they increase the discount until it hits 75% off. Right now I see a wiring harness down to $2.50. Center stand down to $3.75! They did have an '06 shock for $5 and a stator for $20. I'm watching the '06 clutch basket drop in price - now down to $48 (if you need it, go for it. If it hits 75% off - I'll grab it just because.. its  on sale!)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/powersportsnation/m.html?_nkw=gs500&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5504&rt=nc&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

Will the '06 clutch baskt fit in a '96?

adidasguy

That I do not know. Someone else should know.

tb0lt

It should fit according to http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/4433-suzuki-2001-gs500/assemblies/124746.
From what I've seen taking apart different year motors,  the engine has been unchanged except for some very very minor tweaks and mods in the 2004+ models. Different oil pan for cooler line fittings, mechanical tach pickup sealed off in the head, spring washers to prevent cam noise? etc etc. Nothing major.

adidasguy

Clutch basket down to $44. Soon price will be low enough to buy it just because I'm a parts whore.

Got 04-09 carbs for $89 + free shipping.
Got '08 complete exhaust nearly perfect condition $89 + 35 shipping.
Got extra rear shocks only because I wanted the 1989 cast aluminum knuckle because I think it looks cool all polished up compared to the 90+ black steel knuckle. (shocks? Or toss in the trash? Same for stock links: recycle bin or?)

Watch closely and there are some good deals. Remember bike breakers price by the part - not condition. Look at the photos. That's how I found nearly new, hardly used, brake calipers and rotors for next to nothing.

seamax

Quote from: adidasguy on November 02, 2011, 06:12:06 PM
Clutch basket down to $44. Soon price will be low enough to buy it just because I'm a parts whore.

Got 04-09 carbs for $89 + free shipping.
Got '08 complete exhaust nearly perfect condition $89 + 35 shipping.
Got extra rear shocks only because I wanted the 1989 cast aluminum knuckle because I think it looks cool all polished up compared to the 90+ black steel knuckle. (shocks? Or toss in the trash? Same for stock links: recycle bin or?)

Watch closely and there are some good deals. Remember bike breakers price by the part - not condition. Look at the photos. That's how I found nearly new, hardly used, brake calipers and rotors for next to nothing.

It about 10 yrs we'll be buying parts from you hopefully not marked up too high  :icon_mrgreen:

steezin_and_wheezin

don't forget about this up and coming East Coast parts whore! haha
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

adidasguy

Hmmmm.....  black front wheel with rotor 1767 miles only $120 (free shipping)
Triple from same bike with good bearings $16. Front brake caliper & master cylinder same bike $60.
Clutch basket down to $45.

Good thing I'm selling off old collections to make money for GS500 collection of parts. Need to enlarge the garage again.
Need any Kliban cat stuff? Bowling memorabilia? Bowling pins? MAD magazine stiff? Airline memorabilia?

adidasguy

adidasguy

ghostrider_23

Nah, I got a good ddeal on carbs from our own for sale section here. $40 shipped to my house.

steezin_and_wheezin

Ghost - you fail to mention that the carbs you bought are Not working carbs haha

79.99 for carbs that Actually work is a great deal!
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

adidasguy

Any bike breaker that shows a video of the bike makes it all the better.

Then - why part out a running bike? Must be for the money or lack of title.

adidasguy

Well, when no one else bids I add to the collection.....
forks $20  tank $30  top-end with valves & cams $30  and other stuff really cheap. Good deals since parts were off a running bike. Oh, set of 89 clip-ons $25
bargains are out there if you look.

Tombstones81

nvm

half drunk after getting stressed putting the top of the motor back together.
misread something
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

adidasguy

Right side timing cover just showed up. $25 silver with black emblem. Looks pretty good! Minimal road rash.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260973271377&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

adidasguy

That motor is in NJ. Too expensive to ship to Seattle. One of you nor-east coasters should look into this - especially if you can pick it up.

Tombstones81

I would be if I had that much laying around.

Just incase tho, think I'll put around $300 aside next pay (20th) and then the rest 2 weeks after that.
if its still there (doubtful but just incase)

Heck, I would be spending that much rebuilding my 94s upper engine like I plan to.

Think I will email him an offer for the 20th tho and see if he bites.

nice find, thanks

(edit)
sent him an offer to pick it up on the 20th or 21st with a certain amount of cash in hand.
or else I have to wait until May 4th if he wont budge from the full amount.
even tho it is a good deal, I just dont have that much available asap.

thanks for the find man!

(edit)
didnt accept my initial offer.
after replying to his noty, he sent me a counter offer.
guess he thought I was simply trying to lowball. (I wasnt)

Good offer, now I just have to see if I will have that much to spare on the 20th.

Now to also hope it doesnt sell before then.
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

adidasguy

I won't buy it. $250 shipping is too much. $650 is almost the price of a beat up GS500 around here or 3 parts bikes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk