Author Topic: Legend of Seamax  (Read 6746 times)

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • MotoGP Racer
Re: Legend of Seamax
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2021, 10:41:39 AM »
That sounds scary as fook Blue! 

Buddha, I thought about trying to figure it out but after pushing it 1.5 miles, throwing that ignition in the trash was tooooo satisfying :icon_lol:

Security bolts were, interesting.  I tend to forget to take pics until I'm already started,... So for anybody doing ignition swap for whatever reason, unless someone already changed the security bolts,..

Yes you have to take it off,... Not really a big deal.  Couple fork clamp bolts and the big center bolt and however your gauges mount,....

Flip it over and admire the security bolts.  Breathe in and think htf am I going to get those out.

Personally left hand drill bits always seem to work for me.  I picked up some irwin quick easy outs that are double ended that work pretty well but did not work for this.  Started with small lh bit and went bigger until it caught and took them out.

Figured some allens would work fine,...

Tightened them down,..

Torque everything down,..

Yay, and I actually have a steering lock that works now.  I used an EMGO #40-71030, new off ebay for $24.59

This was probably 2 weeks ago.  Been working great since. :icon_mrgreen:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline Bluesmudge

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2021, 12:05:00 PM »
Are you going to mess with the locks on the seat and tank to make them all match?
Is the EMGO key blank the same as the stock Suzuki key?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 12:05:40 PM by Bluesmudge »

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2021, 10:56:20 AM »
Heyyyy Blue,...
I'll leave it two keys.  I just don't care that much to mess with it,... Rather put my new brakes on
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline iamhiding

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2021, 06:42:41 AM »
how have i only just seen you've wound up with seamax's bike :icon_lol: it's possibly the only example of a faired gs that i actually quite like  :thumb:

so... gsxr1000 swap  :icon_twisted: :icon_eek: look forward to seeing how that goes. i put some thought into these silly swaps occasionally and from eyeballing i reckon an inline 3 fz/mt09 engine would be the way to go, quite small, lightweight and so unbelievably punchy. like that last mental cbr600 build showed, the engine needs to be offset so far for the chainrun, an i3 or big single would alleviate the engine offset by a fair margin i'd assume. ah i dunno but looking forward to seeing what happens with it.
current project list:
//cbr 600 f3 fighter
//gsxr 1100 mental oldskool supersport
//gs500 daily rat tracker cafe fighter that changes every couple of month... cafe fighter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk