Author Topic: Last Post Wins - V3  (Read 767513 times)

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
Re: Last Post Wins - V3
« Reply #9220 on: January 09, 2021, 04:11:41 AM »
It was 19F / -7C on my way home. Finally I can contribute some bike pics to this thread!

PS.... Pete, that is awesome about Sebrings being there where you are! Do they look the same as mine or the other ones here in the States ?
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9221 on: January 09, 2021, 12:56:38 PM »
Wahoo, pics! Thanks Showbiz  :icon_mrgreen: :woohoo:

That sounds way too cold though!

Yeah the Sebring I saw looked exactly the same as yours from what I could see, I suspect there was a minimal amount of importing of right hand drive versions done.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9222 on: January 16, 2021, 12:50:30 PM »
It was hot and humid yesterday but beautiful clear blue skies and dry roads made for an awesome morning out.

Six Kats plus a couple of others in the mix and loads of fun.

IMG_4379 by starpoint73, on Flickr

We had a new fella on an XL with us as well so we showed him some of the more interesting detours and scenery on the way home as well.

IMG_4383 by starpoint73, on Flickr

I also finally got to lay eyes on the new Z900 and Katana in the Pitstop Cafe parking area as I'd not seen either in the metal yet. Unfortunately I didn't get to figure out who was riding them to have a chat and maybe a photo of the old with the new Katana.

IMG_4377 by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline Janx101

• I only use hair curlers for their intended purpose
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Singing is a new MotoVlog Hobby!
« Reply #9223 on: January 16, 2021, 04:17:31 PM »
Hiya folks... rare drop in.... life is busy... very busy

But.... I did a few searches in here.... couldn’t see any particular results...

So..

Who Knows?  :sad: - Yama?

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9224 on: January 17, 2021, 12:21:10 PM »
Glad to see you dropping back in Mr Janx  :thumb:

However that is sad news indeed, especially as no one over seems to know either  :sad:

RIP our regular post whore.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9225 on: January 20, 2021, 03:22:39 AM »
I decided I'd seen enough of my shoulders on Saturday so time to ditch the stock mirrors and get some bar ends sorted finally.

As luck would have it, the stock bar end weights are recessed about 10mm so they cover the ends of the clip ons, which is about the same width as the mounts for the mirrors. I just chucked a spacer under the bar end weight and job done, bar end mirrors while retaining the stock bar end weights and no adjustments to controls or grips required. Bargain!

I haven't been able to road test yet as I'm waiting for a rear tyre. My slow leak turned out to be a puncture and the centre of the tyre's pretty much illegal anyway, so a new BT46 is on the way. So much for the VM33 rebuild in February, that's going to have to be a March thing now.

IMG_4387 by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9226 on: January 27, 2021, 07:59:16 AM »
I missed your frosty pic show but that's hardcore! :bowdown:

Look eet all them kats pete!   :)
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9227 on: January 29, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »
Finally got my tyre on Thursday, wheel back on Thursday night and finally got a test ride in with the new mirrors riding to work and back yesterday.

I always forget how good fresh tyres feel, but those mirrors... awesome! I had so many issues with visibility with the stock mirrors that I'd often get stuck in traffic because I just wasn't sure where things were around me. Head swivelling is good, but without decent mirror views there are still limits. These mirrors being slightly convex open a whole new world up behind you, so visibility is awesome, and of course they're so low they help a lot with the filtering also :D

Seriously thinking I need a set on the 450 now, the 'bar end mirrors on that are good, but these ones are much better.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline Electrojake

• []D[][]V[][]D[][]\[] Bumpmassa !
  • AMA Superbike Racer
  • Metric Mayhem
« Reply #9228 on: March 16, 2021, 11:24:30 AM »
Greetings GS fans! :cheers:
Glad to see that "Last Post Wins" is still an open thread.
While my stable of uneventful motorcycles has changed several times since the last time I posted, my old DL1000k6 is still my daily machine.

As I've always said; "If I wasnt 200+ pounds and 6'3" tall I'd still be riding a GS500" :laugh: but alas, my DL1000 with dropped pegs, raised bars, and a taller wind screen fit me so much better.

Now. . .
The point of this post:
I have stayed in contact with Yama (Aaron) near continuously since I first met him many years ago on this forum. Last I talked to him (December?) he was about to get another surgery on his leg.

He always answered my emails but now nothing!
That brings two possibilities to the table...
1.) He didnt survive the surgery.

2.) He's broke and not in a position to be able to keep his internet connection up.

If anyone has any info on yamahonkawazuki please post it here or send me a PM.
Thanks!
-Ej-
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #9229 on: March 16, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
Nice to see you post again Ej  :cheers:

I am so sorry but Aaron did pass away.  :cry:

He's riding with Patrick up in Heaven now.  :angel:

There's not many details but here's the thread:

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php/topic,73620.0.html
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline Electrojake

• []D[][]V[][]D[][]\[] Bumpmassa !
  • AMA Superbike Racer
  • Metric Mayhem
« Reply #9230 on: March 18, 2021, 01:19:03 PM »
Thank you SBW :rstar:
Aaron and I had quite a few cyber adventures over the miles and years in spite of the distance between Jersey and Tennessee.
All things considered he's probably going to do quite well as his adventures continue in better place.

Thanks again for the link. :thumb:
Best regards,
-Ej-
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk