Author Topic: WHO are you and where are you from?  (Read 349804 times)

Offline Rashad

• GS-totin' Man-Whore
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • World Supersport Racer
    • http://www.frelinenterprises.net
WHO are you and where are you from?
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2003, 02:03:41 AM »
Quote from: kym
My name's Kym and I'm from Southern California.

I'm picking up my 93 GS500E in a few weeks, and I'm very excited!

Cool pic.. you look like a girl i know from PA!

Good choice on the GS!! :thumb:
91' Teal GS500E

Vance and Hines Full system/ Custom Jetted/ K&N Clamp on pods/ Rebuilt 99' Motor/ EBC Pads/ 15 tooth front sprocket/ Avon tires/ Progressive Springs...

Offline kym

• Local Club Racer
    • http://www.kymphan.net
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2003, 02:09:40 AM »
Quote from: Rashad

Thanks!

Offline pantablo

• Post Whore Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Motorcycle God!
    • http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2003, 02:35:28 AM »
Quote from: kym

Thanks!

Hey Kym, welcome to the site [again]! You're another local SoCal rider so try joining us on one of our canyon rides (we'll annnounce them on this forum)...My site has some pics of the [Malibu] canyons we frequent.

Glad you went ahead and got the 93(?) for so cheap..you really can't go wrong. Where in LA do you go to school?

I also agree-good choice on bikes.

Offline ladybrid

• Formula Extreme Racer
    • http://pages.sbcglobal.net/ladybrid/_wsn/page3.html
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2003, 03:09:07 AM »
Rashad wrote:
"So... you like indians huh?  (j/k)
Thats a very interesting webpage! Which one are you? (didnt see anyone named lady)"

Do I like Indians?  lol... well husband and best friend are part native american, and I like Asian Indian *food*, and am quite smitten with Indian Dance.   :P

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/ladybrid/index.html
*why bother stereotyping?  There are plenty of reasons to dislike folks on an individual basis.*

Offline Michael

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2003, 08:57:11 AM »
Quote from: The Antibody
Thats right I was a band geek in High school. "I'm a band geek, beat me up, take my lunch money."

So all that stuff in "American Pie" about band camp was a pile of...?  Pity!

Anyway, about ME.  I'm 43 and of Celtic extraction both sides back to the mists of Hibernia and Scotia.  Neither side of my family was transported to the colonies as convicts but both were at Bannockburn and Culloden (which makes us 1 win 1 loss).  I have been riding 25yrs officially (28 really).  I have personally owned 18 bikes in that time and ridden maybe a dozen more.  I don't like to tinker with my bike, nearly as much as my wife doesn't like me to.  I have only put 24,000km on my '01 in 2yrs.  I am not sufficiently cyber-literate to post pics of myself (or anything else for that matter) for which you are all grateful.  I live in Tasmania and ride daily, rain, hail or snow.  Wanna know the rest? Hey, buy the rights...
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Offline Cam22

• AMA Supersport Racer
Highly Controversial Poll.. Who are you, and where you from?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2003, 12:12:17 PM »
Hey Everyone-Some of you "know" me, most do not I guess. My name is Camie, I'm from Massachusetts, I'm 29, work as an Exec. Assistant for a Comp. Storage company. This is my first year riding and I bought a '94 GS500E in May. Took my first ride on the real roads last Sunday. I am hooked! This (riding), was something I've wanted to do since highschool, and here I am!    :thumb:
I don't have any pics to put up at the moment (and if I did, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to put one up!!)
Seth, have to say that I looooove the 600F4i's - hopefully it'll be my next bike (in a few years, I'm in no hurry to move away from my GS!!) My bf rides a 929RR and one of his roomie rides a 954RR- the love em!! Sweet bikes

Offline amixticant

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2003, 01:43:47 PM »
I'm a 33 year old white Canadian (originally from Newfoundland - provincial motto: we have more fog than anybody anywhere) but transplanted to MA about 5 years ago.  Met my wife and she has kept me here since.  I started riding about 3 years ago, my 01 gs500 is the first bike I have ever owned, and I love it.  Made a coupla mods so far, mostly cosmetic, but my Clymer guide arrived the other day so I am now officially dangerous.  I am currently a systems business analyst with a hospitality company, but am in school (1/2 way finished) for massage therapy.  Will be starting that career path as soon as I am licensed.  If only I could get my table on the back of my bike... ;)
Control your self before your self controls you

Offline snapper

• Disk images R my life
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2003, 03:36:27 PM »
Hi all!  I am Kellie- Snapper is a old soccer nickname I picked up in college.  
I have had my bike nearly a year.  Been having fun modding it.
Learned to ride when I was 14 on a Suzuki 185 trail bike.  Was addicted but didn't get to ride again for a long time.  It was "frowned upon".  So I fnially said F-it!  I wanna ride, I'm gonna do it.  So here I am.
I grew up in MA north of Boston, moved to Williamsburg VA for 10 yrs and then came back.  I am consultant for Verizon in Boston.  I do the computer "thang".  I do more project management here than what I consider real work.  I used to package applications into MSIs.  That was fun.

Lets see what else?  I am a swede canadian (Nova Scotia) mix.   :?  

My bike is on the wall of fame.  No mug shot yet.  I'll do that soon.
 :mrgreen:
"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Motorcycle God!
Vulcan...
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2003, 05:01:13 PM »
Quote from: Linh
Hi there.  I'm Linh (pronounced Lynn).  Not LYNN-HUH. ;-)

I'm 27, live in San Diego (good riding weather!) with hubby (Ken) and two doggies (Norwegian Elkhounds).  I work full time as an office manager and in my spare time I like doing crafty things.  I make my own handmade soaps and candles for fun, and also as a little side business.

Ken has always wanted to ride and finally got a motorcycle in Aug 2000.  He LOVES it.  He has a Kawasaki Vulcan 750.  I was not satisfied just being a passenger so I got my own bike in Oct 2000.  I got a Suzuki Savage 650.  I had my permit and rode about 600 miles on that.  We discovered some problems with the bike and I didn't want to invest a lot of money to fix it.  One of my coworkers had been drooling over the bike since I got it so when he offered to buy it for the same price I paid I said ok.  I was bikeless until a few weeks ago.  My brother who rides knew someone, who knew someone else who was selling her Suzuki GS500 that she NEVER rode.  It's a '96 and we got it pretty cheap ($900!).  It needed new tires and still needs some very minor work which my brother is doing for me.  I did enjoy riding the cruiser style bike and this one is obviously different.  It was weird having the foot controls BELOW me!  I've barely ridden it so I'm anxious to see how I'll like it once I get more miles under my belt.  

I don't have my actual license yet.  I'm finally taking the MSF course now so I'll get it soon!

I've been lurking here but you all seem like nice, helpful people.  I look forward to learning more about this bike.

Vulcan 750, sausage 650 and a GS...What you trying to do ...copying me...
I own/have owned all of those. The sausage 650 was pretty tight...It never stopped leaking oil from the head though but other than that it was great. What problems did you have wiht it.
Vulcan 750...The most important accessory for that bike is a sawzall...Watch the alternator/battery/regulator. A bad battery could kill your alternator easy. A battery that overflows will eat the regulator terminals in no time and that will kill the alternator. To get the alternator out the motor has to come off the frame. Of course I used a sawzall instead and the alternator was fixed in no time. The vulcan mailing list is pretty much useless...I also have some vulcan parth lying about...lemme know if you want any...I have a vulcan front end on my eli 900 so I have a bunch of parts I bought cos the seller didn't want to separate. Might be a good idea to pull the regulator off from under the battery and weld a little bracket to the frame and put it there. I'll send you a pic if you need. BTW a ES12BS sealed walmart battery will fit that bike too just like the GS if you put it in sideways and works great, used one for 6+ months Put it negative terminal down just like on the GS.
Cool.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Motorcycle God!
Juggernaut...
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2003, 05:39:01 PM »
Hi Juggernaut...I have the same soloflex too...Mine is modded to be more stable...It has a extension to the stabilizer bar and also a stand in the back to keep it from falling backwards. I also chopped the chest bar and made a U shaped bar with handles on the ends so you can actually take it below chest level. I wish I had re fabbed the whole stabilizer bar cos its heavy heavy heavy...
Cool.
Srinath.
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Offline Avila

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2003, 05:50:50 PM »
Hello All!
For those interested: I am a 28 year old Venezuelan born and bred female. I moved to Boston in 1992 to attend college and never left (although every winter you'll hear me question why I moved here in the first place). I work in a Financial Planning firm in Cambridge (I know it sounds boring, but it can be quite interesting). I had ridden in the back of bikes for too long and decided this year would be the year I would take charge. So I took my MSF course at the end of April and purchased a 1999 GS500E in the beggining of May (I wasn't messing around). The pic of the bike is on the wall of fame...I'll take one of me ON IT and post it when I get a chance.
I've been riding as much as I can, but the weather in NE this spring hasn't helped much  :x
So anyway...that's my story.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while
you are alive.

Offline javio1

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2003, 06:18:20 PM »
Hey all! Now it's my turn. Javier here from Chicago. Costa Rican-American, 29 years old. I'm married and have a daughter. The GS is my first bike and I plan on handing it down to my wife and then my daughter. I hope to get a 600 or 750 to replace it. Anything larger than 750 would be a waste in the big city. I currently work for Rand McNally, the map company. By trade I'm a certified Auto tech. And that about does it.  :thumb:
People take these things too seriously!

Offline adevries18

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2003, 07:56:01 PM »
Hi!
My name is Anna - I'm 24 yrs old. I currently live in Chicago, but I've grown up in Los Angeles (let's hear it for the Valley!) and New York. I'm moving back to NYC in a month to work in book publishing.
I got my first bike- a '95 GS in November. I was deciding between it and a 500 Ninja - and I'm very happy with my choice. I became bike-crazy about two years ago when I made friends with all these obsessed racers - most of whom race on tiny 125s ( a very cool bike, by the way). I already have one track day under my belt - and one crash. (One tip: Look where you want to go!)
I'm computer illiterate, but I will work on getting pics of me soon.
This forum is great!

Cheers!

Offline hotbunz4

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2003, 09:18:47 PM »
What's up? ..mmm.. Kevin, 18, northwestern Ontario.
Starting Business at Lakehead U. next year.
Bought my '89 last year and have been having a blast
ripping around on it.
Cobra F1s, shortened signals, cut fender...
See Ya.

Offline average

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • World Superbike Racer
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2003, 09:25:13 PM »
hi guys . my name is Diaz. i am originally from Chicago but the corp has dropped me here and there. after being stationed at CLNC for about 3 years i decided to stay in NC.  My nickname came from my highschool days when i spent most of my freetime lugging around a backpack full of krylon, magnum 44 markers, and "meanstreaks". i bought my gs from a friend for 600 bucks in 96 with no experience on a bike whatsoever. Needless to say , the gs wasnt to pretty after the first couple of spills. im a 27 year old "brotha" currently working in food service as a manager trying desperately to get back into school. i have learned so much from this forum and i hope to make quite a few friends here. thanks guys_diaz
R.I.P
Rich(Phadreus)
90 gs5 04 Fairings(that's right)
LP flushmounts up front  shortened turn signals
Kanatuna rear wheel swap
Kat FE

Offline JohNLA

• Cheap Bastard
  • World Superbike Racer
    • http://johnla2.tripod.com/
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2003, 09:52:18 PM »
This is like the first day of school when the teacher makes everyone individually stand up and talk to the class. :o I always hated that but I have to admit I am enjoying finding out a little more about my GS bretheren. Other than there mechanical problems.
With all the posting I do, most of you probably know my 02 GS is my 5th bike. The GS was my first new vehicle and I am glad to say a year and half of commuting, playing and one low side. It is still by far my favorite.
As far as personal junk goes  I am a waspy brillo haired hippy living in downtown LA(See Wall of Fame pg.1). I am an Army brat so I have lived in several places but I mostly lived in Florida before moving to Cali. I like long walks on the beach and candlight dinners and no Rashad I am not available  ;)  :o
On his tombstone were the words "I told you I was sick!"

http://johnla2.tripod.com/

Offline Seth

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2003, 10:09:02 PM »
For those interested: I am a 28 year old Venezuelan born and bred female
[/color]

RAARRRRRR!! :mrgreen:

*cough* pics *cough*
Must go faster!

Offline Rashad

• GS-totin' Man-Whore
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2003, 10:16:16 PM »
Quote from: JohNLA
I like long walks on the beach and candlight dinners and no Rashad I am not available  ;)  :o

ohh man... thats low...

So, you guys think im just some gs-totin' man-whore.. :(

I see... *sniff*.... well...  :cry:

that really hurts my feelings..

I mean, i dont hit on every girl.... :oops:

Just the cute ones :nana:
91' Teal GS500E

Vance and Hines Full system/ Custom Jetted/ K&N Clamp on pods/ Rebuilt 99' Motor/ EBC Pads/ 15 tooth front sprocket/ Avon tires/ Progressive Springs...

Offline Rashad

• GS-totin' Man-Whore
  • World Supersport Racer
Re: Juggernaut...
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2003, 10:17:23 PM »
Quote from: seshadri_srinath
Hi Juggernaut...I have the same soloflex too...Mine is modded to be more stable...It has a extension to the stabilizer bar and also a stand in the back to keep it from falling backwards. I also chopped the chest bar and made a U shaped bar with handles on the ends so you can actually take it below chest level. I wish I had re fabbed the whole stabilizer bar cos its heavy heavy heavy...
Cool.
Srinath.

OMG... srinath you are the only bastard that would FOCKING MOD a SOLOFLEX!!! :mrgreen:

I Will ride with you someday bro :thumb:
91' Teal GS500E

Offline JohNLA

• Cheap Bastard
  • World Superbike Racer
    • http://johnla2.tripod.com/
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2003, 10:20:42 PM »
Quote from: JohNLA
I like long walks on the beach and candlight dinners and no Rashad I am not available  ;)  :o

ohh man... thats low...

So, you guys think im just some gs-totin' man-whore.. :(

I see... *sniff*.... well...  :cry:

that really hurts my feelings..

I mean, i dont hit on every girl.... :oops:

Just the cute ones :nana:

So what are you saying?
I am not cute enough for you. Fine :roll:   :nana:
On his tombstone were the words "I told you I was sick!"

http://johnla2.tripod.com/