Author Topic: Last Post Wins - V3  (Read 724755 times)

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
Re: Last Post Wins - V3
« Reply #9180 on: October 09, 2020, 05:55:37 PM »
I completely agree. These things should be made to handle not only bumps but also the hot and cold temps. I don't think things are ever going to be made better again because companies need to keep selling things and making money.  :technical:

After taking the dash apart today and checking the inline fuse for the player, it was fine. Then while I was holding the player in my hand, still hooked up, I turned the van on and this sneaky sob decided to turn on. :grrr:
So I checked every wire, wiggled them around, twisted them, etc... and couldn't get it to act up. It stayed on and worked perfect. :sigh:

Soooo I put it all back together but I have a hunch it's gonna die soon... or at least start acting up. When I was resetting the time of day, the front display went all crazy... so yeah. I'm gonna keep shopping and reading reviews and have one picked out.

I've heard good things about Alpine too! AFAIK they don't have one that would work for my van though. And after doing some searching, it seems that I'm gonna be stuck having to choose from off-brand players. Needless to say, whichever one I pick, I'm getting the best warranty possible on it.

Best wishes for you to have a great weekend!
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9181 on: October 10, 2020, 12:36:46 PM »
Ah you gotta love electrical devices... it works! Nup, doesn't work. Oh, it works!. Nup, doesn't work  >:( :hithead: :technical: :D

Hopefully either it holds out for a while or you can get a decent replacement  :thumb:

The 450's sitting in the workshop with the seat and tank off ready for some tacho installation activities this morning, so I should have a completed photo to share real soon. I fired it up very briefly yesterday to verify which wire is which on the tacho and discovered the backlight bulb had blown so I've replaced that already too.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9182 on: October 11, 2020, 02:28:00 AM »
Tacho on  :thumb:

It's still messy up front with the stock control cables and clubmans but at least the headlight relays are mounted properly again. Once I get back to going back into scrambler mode in theory the cables should all be able to be tidied up again.

Definitely liking the big tacho and little speedo though  :thumb:

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #9183 on: October 12, 2020, 02:15:12 PM »
I love love love the look of that!!!
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9184 on: October 13, 2020, 07:12:31 PM »
Cheers Showbiz! Yeah I'm happy with how it turned out, and it's so nice to have a tacho back again. The gauges look more "complete" now to my rider's eyes. I'm enjoying the 450 on the commute again this week :)
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk