Author Topic: Last Post Wins - V3  (Read 728340 times)

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • MotoGP Racer
Re: Last Post Wins - V3
« Reply #9120 on: July 08, 2020, 07:22:08 AM »

"Cleaned the carb and added a fuel filter. Still won’t start. Did I put it on backwards?"
 :laugh:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9121 on: July 08, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »
Hey look, one of the things people say about spark is that it needs to be a good, solid, clean spark to get the best ignition  :dunno_black: :D

If the Harley smells like your mate, ummm... might have a problem there?  :icon_razz:

I can't make out a tick in your R1 video there, but have you tried doing the old big screwdriver trick? Put the head against the engine and your ear to the handle and see if you can narrow down where the tick is coming from at least, should be louder the closer you get.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline cbrfxr67

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9122 on: July 09, 2020, 07:18:05 AM »
haha pete

I used one of those mechanic stethoscope dealios and went for valvetrain.  I'm going to drop the pan and see if there's anything in it.  I don't want to give up but starting to think of getting rid of it,... :cry:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9123 on: July 09, 2020, 07:39:57 PM »
Well if you did get rid of it, you'd have room for another Suzuki right? :D
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #9124 on: July 10, 2020, 01:01:27 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me!!! :-D

But seriously, I know how frustrating and defeating it can be to not be able to track down and/or fix a problem.

To answer your question about how it drives... it's slow and efficient  :laugh:  certainly not as exciting as a Spirit R/T would be! Ohhh I would love to drive one of those some day.

I do however remember enjoying flooring my Spirit and going up the curvy road to my parents' house... I could keep that pedal pressed and all the way up, the car would just hug the road... it was awesome.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9125 on: July 10, 2020, 02:32:12 AM »
You can always supercharge it right? Or add turbos?  :icon_mrgreen: :angeldevil:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9126 on: July 17, 2020, 03:01:41 AM »
Well I must say I'm disappointed... we were originally going to have some form of returning to the office Monday just gone, but it got pushed back to next Monday.

Now, due to the unfolding dramas down south in Victoria and the fact some people down in Sydney haven't been doing the right things to stay safe, it's been pushed back at least another week.

I really want to get out of this house back into the office  :hithead:

On the plus side, we have a big day ride planned for next Saturday which I'm really looking forward to!  :woohoo:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9127 on: July 17, 2020, 02:23:48 PM »
Oh no, that is awful!!! I would be disappointed too :icon_sad: Hang in there a lil longer!!

Woot toot for the ride coming up! I'm excited for you  :icon_mrgreen:

I'm hoping to get some work done this weekend on my car... we'll see because I've got a few small things to do on my dad's truck and my van first. Something always comes up....
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9128 on: July 18, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »
Yep very much looking forward to the ride! You can actually tell we have a ride planned too, the weather forecast is for showers  :icon_lol:

Good luck getting some time on the Spirit! Yes, there's always something else to do. What I definitely need to do today is wash both bikes and adjust and lube the chain on the Kat as well as lube the clutch cable. But distractions are going to be starting on my tax return and the cats must have their claws clipped as they get to be like little daggers if I don't do them every fortnight.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9129 on: July 26, 2020, 02:56:45 AM »
So the big day ride got postponed a week, the weather conspired against us and it ended up being an extremely wet weekend. Looking forward to next weekend now!

I did however get out for a ride anyway yesterday morning, not the wettest I've ever been on a bike but definitely the wettest I've been on the Kat so far  :D

Was good to get out of the house for a few hours that's for sure  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9130 on: July 26, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »
Sweet that you got out for a ride anyway!! Do you have rain gear?

I've only been in the rain a handful of times. Doesn't bother me much as long as I have my helmet with the clear shield or the clear shield with me for my other one. Not a fan of the raindrops hitting my face.

Had "onea those days" at the garage last Sunday... nothing really went smooth. But I regrouped and have a plan. This is currently my weekend to work and that means I'll have Thursday-Sunday (maybe Monday too) off this coming week. I hope to be at the garage a LOT over those days!

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9131 on: July 28, 2020, 07:37:06 PM »
Yep, had to get out, my head needed some space! I do have wet weather gear, but with only showers predicted I donned my wet weather jacket but stuck with my goretex pants as they're supposed to be waterproof. Unfortunately it appears the waterproofing is no longer effective... ooops! Oh well  :icon_lol:

I ride in all weather and yes, keep rain directly off your face is definitely a necessity. Rain drops start hurting at speed! Hail isn't exactly pleasant either mind you  :cool:

Those days in the garage get frustrating, especially when you walk out at the end and feel like you just couldn't accomplish anything. Glad to hear you have a plan though and looking forward to seeing what you come out with  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline cbrfxr67

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9132 on: July 31, 2020, 08:00:31 AM »
:icon_lol:
-buddha

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9133 on: August 01, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »
Hahahahahaha puts a new meaning to the phrase "get a foot in the door" :D

Had an awesome ride yesterday, ~500kms all up. 21 bikes total with 15 Kats  :cheers: :bowdown:

Had some fun go karting before the ride home as well which was great, 7am departure from home, 7pm arrival at home  :thumb:

Leg stretch at Perseverance Dam:

IMG_4225 by starpoint73, on Flickr

The gathering at Garry McCoy's cafe at Cooyar, yes, the Garry McCoy. Very laid back bloke, happy to have a chin wag and hang out for a bit.

IMG_4230 by starpoint73, on Flickr

IMG_4229 by starpoint73, on Flickr

Go karts at Nanango:

IMG_4235 by starpoint73, on Flickr

And I just had to take this at Garry McCoy's cafe because it was indeed just too cool:

IMG_4231 by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9134 on: August 01, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »
Those pictures make me happy, I'm very glad you got to go for your ride! :woohoo:

What was the temp like? The pics are telling me warm but it could also be the fact that it's hot here  :laugh:

I do enjoy Go-Karts. Haven't been on one for years though, unfortunately. I remember one time my family and I were riding them down at the beach... and all of a sudden my brother started going real slow. My mum pulls up next to him like, "What's wrong??" and my brother yells, "One of my contact lenses blew out of my eye!" lolololololol

That picture is correct, I will never be that cool. I love it!!

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9135 on: August 02, 2020, 02:25:52 AM »
Yeah it was an awesome day out alright and very much needed  :thumb:

We have second COVID waves starting out here now (really bad down south), so my return to the office doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon, hopefully we can keep it under control up here enough to still get out for recreational rides though   :cool:

The temperature was spot on actually, considering it's still winter here! Not too cool at all in the morning and the wind chill at speed wasn't bad either. The only time I started to feel cold was on the way home as it was getting dark, and we ended up doing some of our regular twisties in the dark which was interesting!

That's only my second time go karting and I'm not very good, I got second last  :icon_mrgreen: There's obviously some techniques to getting them going which I don't know, but that's ok coz I had heaps of fun  :woohoo:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9136 on: August 02, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »
And has anyone heard from Yama? His last post was April 28...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9137 on: August 03, 2020, 11:49:49 PM »
I hope he is OK... I feel like April was just yesterday but here we are in August already smh ???

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
« Reply #9138 on: August 04, 2020, 01:59:33 PM »
Yep I know exactly what you mean!!! I thought his last reply was just a few weeks ago but... nope.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Offline ShowBizWolf

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #9139 on: August 04, 2020, 02:23:36 PM »
I've been very busy over the past 5 days and I'm happy to say I did get a lot done. Originally intended to work on my car the whole time but (as always) other things pop up too.

I got my lawn mowed and trimmed, laundry done, a LOT of cleaning and organizing at my dad's garage, random errands, some organizing around my house, family/friends time, and a couple things done on my dad's truck and a new front brake cable for my van got installed.

Finally worked on my car for most of the day yesterday, and Sunday night too. Had a graphics place near my house cut new vinyl letters for me for the windshield so I put those on. Also, this is the first time in years my car has had the wiper arms on!

The problem I was having with the portrait touch ups was finding the actual photos I used/looked off of 15 years ago. I found two of them but the middle two pictures? I can't find them anywhere. Spent sooooo much time using different search engines, scrolling through albums and image results... ugh. I had to do the best I could.

Here's what the portraits looked like after I did repairs on the doors:

The closest photo online I could find to that second picture is this:

But I know there was no way in heck I used that one when I first painted the car because there's hardly any detail. Idk... I did the best I could. Hardest thing about it I think was trying to make it look like 18 year old me painted it and not 33 year old me
 :laugh:

The third one over where Wayne is pointing at you... I couldn't find anything even close... so I had to wing it. It's passable. At least this side is done now!!!!!!

I started on the side with all the Samantha faces but it was getting late and I was getting tired. I hope to have that side done this coming weekend.
Corey on the hood needs some touch ups too but I don't have that picture anymore either  :technical: :technical: :technical: and I can only find it on a poster :bs:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk