Author Topic: Steez's Stable  (Read 3002 times)

Offline steezin_and_wheezin

• World Superbike Racer
  • ehhh mang. yoohoo mang!
    • Scoobaru
Re: Steez's Stable
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
Ah how'd I miss that perfecto gif CBR??

The past few years I've been planning a cross country trek to attempt before I turn 30. My Dad lent me his vtx1300 to test out which helped me decide I'd need around that weight/size. I've always done Suzuki's when I get into the bigger bikes so it was a no brainer to seek out a c90t. Less than a year away now and a very nice '06 C90T popped up locally. Had been purchased new by a fella in WV who had hurt his back in the mines. So she's seen very little seat time and has plenty of life left. I'll be giving it a full refresh and start shaking the cobwebs off. Only 3200 miles on the clock so I'm hoping to click over plenty in the next few years.

With the bike stabled I'm digging deeper into my route/itinerary. My roughed out route;

Lots left to research and gear to decide on, but I'm very excited to be attempting this next year.
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

Offline Big Rich

• Motorcycle God!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 05:55:16 AM »
Excellent choice in motorcycles, sir.

If you haven't already, you should look around on ADVRider - there is a wealth of information over there when it comes to traveling via motorcycle.
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

Offline steezin_and_wheezin

• World Superbike Racer
  • ehhh mang. yoohoo mang!
    • Scoobaru
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 12:08:58 PM »
The new, expanded and soon to be improved Steez's Stable. We bought this house a couple years back and I have been slowing getting things setup and unpacked. This summer I was determined to get it organized more. Goal will be to finish the lower building, dubbed The Barng, with power/lights (and maybe a window A/C unit) so I can work into the nights down there.

Bike-wise, I sold all my big bikes except the RG to make the move easier. Been hunting for a RGV to add to the collection, but with wedding planning and the subaru money pit always bleeding me - It'll be a couple years before I can afford a decent RGV.

How the "shop" started

first clean out of previous owners crapola

Motorcycle lift table from my big 2015 honey hole pick (still somewhat regret selling that little ns50)

Talking with my neighbor who's lived in the house for 50 years this year. He asked if those blue cabinets were still in the shop, I said yes. He tells me to go into the middle cabinet remove the shelf and then pick up the 2x6's to expose a pit the original owner built into the slab. I was expecting to either find a dead body or bag of money (all or nothing!). It was a tater pit the owner would store his potatoes in for the winter.

reminds me I still need to clean this out and store something freaky in for the next owner to find!

After a couple years, a few project fixed and flipped, shelving and parts put up more. The place was a $hit hole! So this summer has been a productive one cleaning/clearing to regain some workspace. Added some LED strip lights, but still need to get some cable raceways in to clean up the wiring.

always take a photo of your tool wall so you can remember where all the bits go

Next was the carport side of the Barn (lawn equip, backburner projects, and misc BS). Next summer goal will be to rebuild the walls (sill plates are rotted from gutter/downspouts needing repair) and build a sliding style barn door to close it in

Now the main area. Bike/parts piles, my papa's old workbench and the spare tools. Hoping to clear it enough so I can pull the subaru in and swap my next engine in. I have an existing 220 line ran down here from the original owner. Got a small breaker box to hook up power for lights/outlets and possibly an A/C unit. Hoping to get that installed this summer, but funds for home improvements are pretty low right now.. Also a nice slab of wood I'll be attempting to do an epoxy table with soonish.

Cheesing mid clean up. First time I've seen the floor in months

Damn ej255 i picked up to start my frankienmotor build (2.5 shortblock with 2.0 heads) piddled some oil on the floor. Someday I would like to do an epoxy job, but that's wayyy outta budget right now

The subaru is still doing well, turbo engine swap still chugging along with almost 190k on it now. Chassis just clicked over 222,222. Refreshed ej205 is probably coming in the near future since I can get some rod knock coming into play. Next big items will be 6 speed swap, new suspension/brakes and then a big engine will be built for it. Still aiming to hit that 400hp mark.

Over the 10 year mark of owning this one and it's be a treat to have! I had some rust repair done on the rear quarter and will likely keep finding/fixing more since I can't seem to keep her out of the saltly WV mountains

RG250 Gamma still ring'a'dingin along as well! This is out where Katelin and I will be getting married next year. Was suppose to be this year, but stupid covid

More to come! Missed you goonies and can't wait to catch up on y'alls projects
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 08:48:11 AM by steezin_and_wheezin »
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »
What a great post!  LOVE the workspace(s)!  Kick a@@@@!  Being crammed into my little garage, I REALLY dream of having more space.  Rocking!

Can't wait to see you do some new work sir! :bowdown:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2020, 10:24:03 PM »
I completely agree, fantastic update!! Love all the pics  :D :D :D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk